Suggested food donations
PORCH Food Drives
Please avoid food in containers that can easily tear (e.g. no soft-tops) or break (e.g. no glass).
These non-perishable food items are most commonly requested by the distribution partners served by PORCH-Durham:
- 1 lb. bags of rice
- Bags of dried beans
- Peanut butter and jelly in plastic containers
- Canned fruit (labeled “no added sugar”)
- Pasta sauce in plastic containers
- Canned hearty soups and stews
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Kid-friendly snack foods (e.g. granola bars, fruit snacks, cheese/peanut butter crackers)
Please consider healthier options by looking for the labels below:
PORCH Donation Tax Receipt
Your food donations are deductible for income tax purposes to the extent allowable by law. You can download a tax receipt below. Please note that a separate receipt is required for each donation (by date, not by individual item donated), and monetary valuations are the responsibility of the donor.